Thursday, March 19, 2009

Preparatory Course in Uganda

On 16 November 2008, I arrived the Enable airport, Kampala and I met Rita (Co-coordinator of the preparatory course) and two Fk participants. I went to the center with Vicky and Teddy. That was the first time I explored Africa (Uganda). I was excited to meet Africans and stayed with them for 2 weeks.

During these 2 weeks, I attended the lessons organized by Uganda Media Women’s Association (UMWA). The fruitful lessons included the introduction of Fk, Health, Safety and Security, Intercultural communication, Personal Development, World views and web designing and Fk participants sharing. Before the program started, each participant introduced himself/herself to the others.

UMWA also organized two field trips for Fk participants. We visited Jinja and Masaka. I enjoyed traveling and exploring wildlife. In Jinja, I saw the local people play canoe in the river. Then, we took a boat to another side of the island to appreciate the dam work in Uganda.



In Masaka, we visited St Jude family Projects and Rural Training Center and the teacher shared the organic farming in the center. When we went back to Kampala, we stopped in the equator (Uganda). I brought a GPS receiver and marked the coordinate of the equator I arrived.






On 26 November 2008, the UMWA organized a culture night for all participants. The culture night started at 9pm and some participants grouped together to present their culture in their countries. In addition, we dressed traditionally. For me, I presented the traditional activity in Chinese New Year with three friends in a drama. I loved their traditional clothes and dances as well.

On 29 November 2008, Rita drove Vicky and I to the Kampala airport. I felt so sad to goodbye to Vicky. That was the end of preparatory course in Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment